VIDEO. From the Special Session on Wed. 10/14/2020 @ 9:00am.
Notes to listen for:
- Fire Safe Council for 33 years since 1987 is still a “pilot” project…
- …Now need long term funding “that will not stop”.
- Need to expand chipping program (10 year pilot)
- Maintain and enforce defensible space for homes and evac routes.
- Building code for roofs, siding, defensible space, etc.
- During CZU fire 80,000 people were evacuated via Zone Haven
- San Mateo has been known as the “Asbestos County” ~ We will never burn!
- Blue Gum Lane 1910 ~ No trees; Coastal grasslands.
- Need a Countywide Wildfire “Point Person”
- San Mateo County Tree Removal Ordinance Update?
- Marin Wildfire JPA; A Possible Model funded by property tax?
- Timber Owners and Absentee Land Owners
- Property tax reduction for fire victims
- Hire young people to create and fire reduction economy
- What is a WUI (Wooee) Wildfire Urban Interface
- A 12 acre Euc removal by POST (Peninsula Open Space Trust) cost $250k as there was a 10″ mat of detritis.
Wed October 14 @ 9:00 am – 10:00 am
Study Session: Fuel Load Reduction and Weed Eradication.
* Supervisor Don Horsley, District 3, Board of Supervisors
* Richard Sampson, Division Chief, CAL FIRE San Mateo-Santa Cruz Unit
* Nicholas Calderon, Parks Director, County of San Mateo
* Kellyx Nelson, Executive Director, San Mateo Resource Conservation District.