MISSION and GOALS
● “To Give Every Coastsider a Voice” ~ Support local coastal content that is not editorialized, but is presented by you. Support free to low-cost content: articles, podcasts and videos. Learn how to podcast at the Buzz studios and produce your own story or show!
● Free Self-Submit Buzz Calendar with 24/7/365 access from any device. All the music, community events, gov meetings, senior activities and foodie specials on the Coastside. Missing something? Enter your event from your phone!! The Buzz Bees will approve your entry within 24 hours. Enter as early as you can. If you want to promote your event on the Buzz FB feed, it costs $25 for post labor, if you provide pic and text, plus whatever you want to spend on the FB boost. Stay tuned to the Coastside!
● Comprehensive Buzz Directory. It is only $250/year for your own webpage on Buzz! Your web page includes Business name, address/map, phone, email, website link, photos, descriptive text for hours, and more. Access your webpage 24/7/365 from any device. Buzz Bees will promote the Directory at least twice a month, highlighting a business with a FB boost.
● Promotion Pace ~ Buzz will promote the Directory, Calendar or some form of content, at least once a week with a Boosted FB Ad. Instagram will be added in during 2017.
● Email Subscription ~ Now that Buzz has some legs, we are ready for people to subscribe. Each month (working towards once a week by 2018), people will be reminded of an event on the calendar, new entry in the Directory and new content for the week, by email. The Buzz Bees also continue to tinker with Buzz, and will announce new innovations like our Buzz Sampler and Bedtime Stories players coming soon.
There is a media revolution happening. Buzz is a Gutenberg moment. Gutenberg provided free flyers from his press in the 1600’s. Buzz strives to provide free to low-cost internet “flyers” in the form of articles, podcasts, videos. There is also a free self-submit Buzz Calendar, that can be accessed 24/7/365, from any device. The Buzz hard cost overhead is about $75,000 per year. This cost will go down over time as people learn to submit their own events and as the Directory matures with its auto-renew technology, reducing the cost of sales and billing.
● Product #1: The CoastsideBuzz Directory – $250/year. Less expensive than 1 1⁄8 page ad in review for one week!!
● Product #2: Sponsor a Buzz Show via banner ads. There are 9 pilot shows to choose from.
REASONS TO SUPPORT BUZZ
● Your voice, your content. From your mouth, to the mic. No content editing, except umms and ahhs. Buzz made a splash this election cycle making sure candidates were heard.
● There is no comprehensive directory or calendar on the coast. 2016 was the build. 2017 is move in. Please support the Directory and Calendar to bring the Coastside together.
Looking for sponsors for the following shows:
Bedtime Stories. Coastsiders read their favorite bedtime stories! Come to the studio to record, or learn how to record, or read into your phone and send me the mp3. Travelling parents? Read a BTS and your kid can hear your voice no matter where you are! Grandparents? Read a BTS and after your visit your grand kids can listen to you 24/7/365, from any device!
Coastal Butterfly. Michelle Dragony interviews restaurateurs, musicians, artists, politicians, health professionals and whoever she happens to come upon. You know someone who has something to promote or talk about? Send them to Buzz!
Coastside Musicians. Harry the Y (Harry Ysselstein) interviews musicians from the coast or visiting the coast. If you know a musician who would like to tell their story have them contact Buzz!
Coastside Emergency Prep Club (CEPC). Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) trainer, Michelle Dragony holds monthly meetings at the Buzz studios. She works with Coastside residents and HOAs to get prepared for a disaster by teaching CERT and First Aid/CPR/AED. Buzz maintains this informative page for everyone. Join the CEPC and find out more!
Buzz is building a Coastside History page that will become a go-to reference for local teachers, and visitors. Help sponsor this show and all proceeds will go to the HMB History Association to help them build a HMB museum!
SPONSOR A BUZZ SHOW
Banner ads using your logo that links to your website on each episodes webpage. There are 9 pilot shows to choose from so far. Production cost ($50/hr) depends on:
○ show length
○ medium (article, podcast, video)
○ frequency (number of shows per month, for how many months)
Michelle Dragony, Chief Buzz Officer. firstname.lastname@example.org. 650-740-4384. 111 Vassar St. HMB