Interested in running for City Council? Here are some things for you to know!
– To be eligible to run, candidates must be registered voters within the district with an open seat
– In 2018, the City of HMB switched from at large elections to district elections, which begin with the November 3, 2020 Election
– Nomination period runs from July 13, 2020 – August 7, 2020. The pulling and filing of candidate papers will be done virtually by appointment only
– Districts 2 & 3 will have an election in 2020 and Districts 1 & 4 will vote in 2022, al
ong with an elected mayor
– Candidate Orientation will be held in late August
– Questions? Visit www.hmbcity.com/2020election
NOVEMBER 3, 2020
GENERAL MUNICIPAL ELECTION
The City of Half Moon Bay is open for business!
While our doors are shut, staff are working from home and are available to serve the public virtually.
You can view the San Mateo County Health Officer’s updated COVID-19 Shelter Order and FAQs here.
We look forward to seeing you at City Hall soon!