What: CoastPride LGBTQ+ Center, serving Pacifica to Pescadero
When: Spring 2021
Where: 711 Main Street, Half Moon Bay, CA
Media Contact: David Oliphant, CoastPride Board Member
Cell Phone: 650-445-8145
Opening in Spring 2021!
CoastPride is pleased to announce the establishment of a community center at 711 Main Street in Half Moon Bay.
This LGBTQ+ community space demonstrates the growth and diversity of the Coastside of San Mateo County.
1) support services for LGBTQ+ teens and caregivers;
2) a community meeting place for diverse youth, adults and community organizations to gather, collaborate, grow and share resources; and
3) a visible symbol of LGBTQ+ pride and a friendly presence on the Coastside.
“Establishing such a center is historic and manifests the community’s commitment to embrace the diversity of everyone on the Coast, especially our young people. CoastPride’s goal from the start has been to address the needs of our LGBTQ+ youth,” says Jeanne Vargas, President of CoastPride.
CoastPride is determined to provide a safe and welcoming environment with programs and services for the entire community, and to help eliminate enduring systemic barriers to equity that continue to confront LGBTQ+ people on the Coast.
We strive to initiate and support LGBTQ+ equity reforms in:
2) school and community sponsored sports, clubs and enrichment programs;
3) community sponsored events; and
4) shared community resources.
CoastPride provides programs and services designed to advance the Coastside LGBTQ+ and allies community. From collaborative policy work with community stakeholders, support groups with teens and adults, to educational and visibility events, we work hard to promote and enrich the lives of LGBTQ+ people and so many allies who live, work, or visit our beautiful Coastside.