CONVERSATION. From Nextdoor, June 28th, 2023.
“Our design team spent some time to survey and re-design the concrete staircase after the bridge installation. The Department of Public Works also had to deal with environmental permit extension and pre-construction surveys.
Now that the staircase re-design and permit extension have been completed, our contractor is prepared to resume work beginning July.
Further details will be posted on the San Mateo County project webpage.
Question from Nextdoor
- So the stairs go to the creek area? That’s cut off at high (or mid) tide?
- Was the framing for the stairs washed out in the January 2023 storms?
- Can the County separate the stairs from the bridge project? One worker told me there are additional delays because of water intrusion into the stairs work area?
- Can the contractor reconfigure the fencing to block off the unfinished stairs and open the bridge?
- Why are stairs required when there is a natural access point to the beach 50 yards south of the bridge?