ARTICLE. What does that mean for the HMB Parks Master Plan and Planning in general?
HMB population growth is -0.33%; California’s is 12.4%
HMB median age is 44.7; California’s is only 35.60%
City HMB Council Meetings, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays.
City HMB Planning Commission, 2nd and 4th Tuesdays.
Videos of these meeting can be found on Coastside Buzz and Pacifica Coast TV’s You Tube channel (PCTV).
The City of Half Moon Bay has a population of just over 11,800 and is not expected to grow substantially in the coming years. On the following page, an overview of demographics for the City is presented with a comparison to Californian’s in general. The following are some of the key findings of the analysis:
• The City has a substantial Hispanic community (30.6%), with a majority of white residents.
• The City’s population is considerably older, at a median age of 44.7 years in comparison to California’s average age of 35.6.
• The largest segment of the population is middle-aged (35-64), at 46%.
• Those under the age of 14 and over 65 represent similar numbers of residents, 16.3% and 17.7% respectively.
• The City is home to a highly educated community with nearly 71% over the age of 25 with some college.
• Most of the community lives in single family homes, with a median home value of $696,500. 8% of the community lives in mobile homes or RVs.
• The median family income is $108,700.