- This event has passed.
Thrive Action Presents: Summer at the Beach: Murky Waters or Clean Coastlines?
Thu August 12 @ 3:30pm - 5:00pm
Enjoying the beach this summer? How clean is the water? Three of the most polluted beaches in the state are located in San Mateo County. Join us as we discuss what is currently being done across government and nonprofits to prevent pollution in the form of plastics, storm water run-off and more, and to identify opportunities for collaboration to work toward cleaner coastlines.
Join the conversation with:
- Shell Cleave, Founder of Sea Hugger
- Lynn Adams, President of Pacific Beach Coalition
- Eun-Soo Lim, Senior Sustainability Specialist at SMC Office of Sustainability
- Jim Pruett, General Manager at the San Mateo County Harbor District
- Kimberly Williams, Policy Manager at Surfrider SMC
- Reid Bogert, Stormwater Program Specialist at San Mateo Countywide Water Pollution Prevention Program
- Roxana Franco, Environmental Justice Programs Manager at Nuestra Casa