- This event has passed.
The Jew in the Lotus – 30th Anniversary Retrospective by Zoom
October 24, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmSee Event Details
Please join us on October 24, 2020, as we celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Jewish encounter with the Dalai Lama recorded in The Jew in the Lotus.
Because of this book, thousands of Jews who are drawn to Buddhism have discovered that their Jewish identities are deeply enriched by the coherence and congruity between Jewish and Buddhist teachings and practices.
We invite you to participate in a conversation on Zoom with leading-edge thinkers about the past, present and future of this Jewish-Buddhist coherence.
The event’s keynote speaker is Rodger Kamenetz, author of The Jew in the Lotus.
Also joining us for the conversation is:
- Emily Sigalow, author of American JewBu
- Jay Michaelson, author of Enlightenment by Trial and Error
- Rabbi Ira Stone, author of In Search of the Holy Life
- CJC members, students and seniors – $18
- Members of Chochmat HaLev and the Aquarian Minyan – $18
- General admission – $36
- Patron – $108
- Tzaddik – $360
- VIP access to a post-event Zoom conversation with Reb Moshe and Rodger Kamenetz about how we plan to further the development of Jewish-Buddhist coherence.
- Bodhisattva – $1,000
- VIP access to a post-event Zoom conversation with Reb Moshe and Rodger Kamenetz PLUS a complimentary membership to CJC (an $800 – $1,200 value) which provides free access to our upcoming events and mussar programs.
*Photo: His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama and Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi | Source: Internet