Please provide input on the two maps in one of the following ways:
- Online form here
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to Jessica Blair, City Clerk, 501 Main Street, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
- In person at the City Council meeting on Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 7 pm, at Ted Adcock Community Center, 535 Kelly Avenue
This meeting was the first of two where the public can chime in on which voting district maps to choose.
The map that is chosen will be used in 2020, not this year.
Then, the map will be further updated as a result of the 2020 census, for the 2022 elections. LISTEN IN!
City Council Meeting is cued to the presentation by on the process to change the City of HMB from General Elections to District-Based Election System. AGENDA
On 3/6 the City of HMB was notified were in violation of the California Voting Right Act. It will cost $30k if HMB re-districts within 90 days. Much more, if we do not act.
On 4/17 the City Council passed a “resolution of intention” in order to move forward with the re-districting process. They are working with National Demographics Corporation to guide the City of HMB through the re-districting process (NDC).
The City is scheduling 5 public hearings.
This video is the City Council’s first public hearing (5/15) to discuss the map criteria goals. The next public meeting is June 5th where they will conclude their discussion on how to define the maps. It’s complicated, but fascinating. Watch/listen to the video.
The third and fourth meetings, on June 19th and July 17th, will review draft maps.
And in August (not scheduled yet, (stay tuned to the Buzz Calendar!), the last public meeting will introduce an ordinance and adopt a new map.
The City Really Wants Your Input!
Here is the City webpage on redistricting. Fill out your own map!
- Visit www.drawhmb.org for more information and tools to outline your ideas for district boundaries or call 650-726-8266 to requeset a paper map kit; submit maps by June 8
- Email input to Jessica Blair, City Clerk, at email@example.com
- Drop off or mail input to City Hall, 501 Main Street, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019