- Check storm drains in your neighborhood. Clear them. Single greatest source of flooding.
- Shelter-in-Place. Do not get in your car unless you really must. Do not drive through a flooded road, no matter how short it seems. If you must get in your car please no not become the accident that distracts the first responders from the larger emergency.
- Get enough food and water so you dont have to leave the house. In fact, get great food and make a soup or stew to last the weekend. DO NOT use camp gas stoves or BBQs inside your house.
- Charge your phone in case electricity goes out. Charge your Portable Power Sources https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Power-Source-Mini-Starter/dp/B00JLPNHJQ/
- If communications goes out, KHMB 100.9FM and KSRA 89.3FM will have Office of Emergency Services (OES) notifications.
- Sign up for SMCAlert to get the latest weather and traffic emergencies: http://hsd.smcsheriff.com/smcalert
Post this everywhere you can, especially NextDoor and FaceBook.
San Mateo County Emergency Prep: https://www.coastsidebuzz.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=5792&action=edit
NOTE: Michelle Dragony is a Community Emergency Response Team Trainer (CERT).