REVIEW. I stayed inside the first couple of days to avoid smoke from the fires. By day three, I realized I needed a longer-term solution.
I find the 3M disposable masks very uncomfortable. They don’t fit well unless you keep the straps really tight to get a good air seal. Uncomfortable. Not washable. More landfill.
So, I went online and looked around for something that was more comfortable and washable, while still maintaining N95-99 efficacy.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention on N95, N99, N100 respirator definitions.
There are two masks that have good recommendation 1. Innoworks 2. Cambridge (N95, UK company; can’t find any on stock, in US at moment)
3M is also recommended, but I could not find any cotton washable ones. Moldex also offers some very innovative professional respirators
ALL MASKS ARE RUNNING IN AND OUT OF STOCK.
Innoworks Amazon link (where I got mine, currently out of stock, $11.99, best source of info and reviews, N99). It is very comfortable as I ride my bike. It breaths easily.
Innoworks GreenHomeFair.com (in stock, as of this post, $6.49, N99)
- Features 100% High-Quality Cotton Material that is very comfortable to wear and easy to clean.
- Uses military grade filtration technology to filter out nearly 100% of particulate pollution, gases, as well as bacteria, viruses, and most odors.
- Comes with 6 (in packs of 2) N99 replaceable filters.
How long does our Mask last?
- Our Masks can last up to a year with continual wash and filter changing. The Mask combine with the filter offer almost 100% protection. With extreme usage, the filters should be changed every 48-72 hours.
- To wash mask, Remove the filter and then put the mask in soap diluted with warm water. Gently knead, clean and dry for a few hours.
- Please do not soak in water for a long time and do not bleach, so as not to cause mask distortion and reduce the filtration effectiveness.
What does our Mask filter?
- Almost 100% of Particulate Matter (PM) including PM10, PM2.5, and PM0.3. These are the sort of particles you find in coal dust from power stations, diesel exhaust fumes, factory emissions and from construction works.
- Almost 100% of gas-based air pollution, including odors such as Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), Ozone, Benzathine, and Formaldehyde. These particulates you can find in petrol fumes, chemical emissions and from many industrial processes.
- Almost 100% of harmful pathogens such as viruses and bacteria.
- Other airborne irritants or allergens such as dust, most odors, pet allergens, and pollen.
What can our Masks be used for?
- Our masks can be used for various activities including painting, household cleaning, running, cycling, constructions, etc.
- Lifetime warranty. If you are not satisfied with our mask, contact us by email or return it for a full refund.
- ✅ QUALITY- Our Masks are made of soft high-quality cotton and are individually packed and sealed to ensure the highest standard
- ✅ PROTECTION- Our military grade activated carbon filters block up to 99% of pollution, smog, dust, pollen and germs. (Includes 6 filters in packs of 2)
- ✅ PERFECT FIT- We understand how annoying it can be to have a mask that does not fit properly and constantly falls off! So, we took the time to design a mask with adjustable ear straps to make it easier for you to adjust to your face however you desire. Also embedded in the mask is a nose clip that can be easily adjusted to the shape of your nose bridge.
- ✅ REUSEABLE- Our Masks can be washed and reused, just change the filter with one of the included 6 filters and you’re good to go.
- ✅ BREATHING VALVE- Our anti pollution face mask is designed with military grade filtration technology. This washable face mask has a valve that will automatically open and close allowing you to easily breathe clean air
The Churchill Pro
£19.00 – £24.00
The leader who helped Britain and the allies win World War Two. Our plain black mask is plain, stylish and understated– just like him.
Visit our shop to look for more patterns…
- Unique Lab tested British Military Filtration Technology filters almost 100% of pollution, gases, and bacteria and viruses.
- Ideal for people at risk of respiratory diseases, living in or travelling to areas with high air pollution / smoke levels
- Protection against harmful gases, odours, all PM; PM2.5, PM0.3, pollen, smoke, allergens and pathogens
- The world’s most trusted reusable anti pollution mask now with adjustable straps, perfect for travel, especially to China or India.
- Presented in a slimline tin for storage, fashion friendly designs available in 5 sizes suitable for the whole family!
From Bay Area Air Quality Management District
Directions on what to do to keep your lungs safe.