The San Mateo County Parks and Recreation Director, Nick Calderon, Zooms an update to the Granada Community Services District’s board on July 16th, 2020.
Pump Track Update
- Temporarily sidelined by Covid-19. Commitment to build in one year, but will not make it.
- However, Parks is aiming for April 30th, 2021 to start construction with grading.
- Working on information gathering for:
- Site survey boundaries and topography
- Soil analysis
- Drainage analysis
- Depth of water table
- Geo tek
- We have selected a landscape architect, Linda Gates and Associates, who are drafting the 20 year San Mateo County Master Plan, so they are already familiar with Quarry Park. They are working on a timeline and a task list for the Pump Track project.
- County will include an info gathering phase helped by Coastside Mountain Bikers, starting a feedback process for a series of project alternatives
- CMB already did out reach so County has general sense
- Coastal Development Permit for grading and change of use
- Project out to bid and to construct it