American Red Cross is looking for people who would be interested in being a Shelter Worker.
This is an in-person opportunity to volunteer in a Red Cross shelter before, during and/or after a disaster event this wildfire season.
Shelter Workers complete tasks necessary for shelter operations and aid with disaster clients within a shelter which may include working in reception, registration, feeding, or other areas within a shelter.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Ability to respond 5 consecutive days during Wildfire Season (August-November)
- Follow worker safety procedures for working in a COVID environment
- Embodying the fundamental principles of the American Red Cross in their work with clients, disaster responders and partners
- Providing excellent client service and support the daily maintenance of the shelter operation at the direction of the assigned Shelter Supervisor
- Completing the required virtual self-paced training
- Must be 18 years or older
- Able to lift 20 pounds