VIDEO. From the Montara Water and Sewer District (MWSD) Special meeting on 2/17/2021.
General Manager Clemens Heldmaier presents on history, engineering and financials.
MSWD Strategic Discussion Sewer: Treatment & Environmental Protection in 2021 and Next 10 to 50 Years
A few notes:
- Agency formed in 1958 by the County to manage Montara and Moss Beach sewage.
- Shortly after the formation MSWD, the County decided their dump site was going to go into Gray Whale Cove. The MSWD board stoped them.
- Water service was added in 2003 following purchase of privately owned, poorly managed water system.
- The current Sewer Authority Mid-Coastside (SAM) plant between 1979 and 1983.
- Ocean outfall pipe 2,000 foot from shore, 37 feet deep.
- No ocean outfalls allowed? Zero discharge legislative plans on horizon?
Strategic Discussion Sewer: Treatment & Environmental Protection
AGENDAS March 3, 2021: Strategic Discussion Water: Supply & Watershed Protection
Montara Water and Sanitary District (MWSD) Meetings ~ 1st & 3rd Thursdays @ 7:30pm
If you experience technical difficulties or have technical questions prior to or during the meeting, please contact MWSD’s IT support at (650) 728-7843.
Regular meetings are 7:30pm on the first and third Thursday of each month. They used to held at the District office at 8888 Cabrillo Hwy, next to Pt Montara Lighthouse and Hostel.
To receive agendas by email, send a request to email@example.com
In addition to email, we post agendas before each board meeting:
- On the District website here
- Montara post office
- Moss Beach post office
- the bulletin board in front of the MWSD office
Who is on the Board of Directors?
|Kathryn Slater-Carter — President||Term 2016-2020|
|Jim Harvey — President Pro Tem||Term 2018-2022|
|Ric Lohman — Secretary||Term 2018-2022|
|Peter Dekker — Treasurer||Term 2019-2020|
|Scott Boyd — Director||Term 2016-2020|
Sewer Authority Mid-Coastside (SAM) – MWSD is a member of SAM, the agency that collects and cleans our Coastside community’s wastewater before it enters the ocean. SAM meets monthly on the 4th Monday at 7:30pm. Jim Harvey and Scott Boyd presently serve as SAM board members.
Recology of the Coast – MWSD has contracted with Recology of the Coast for trash pickup, recycling, and waste hauling.
Visit County Solid Waste Department for more information about recycling, composting, etc.
In an Emergency
Water Emergencies: Call MWSD at (650) 728-3545
Sewer Emergencies: Call SAM at (650) 726-0124
For emergencies that affect life, health or safety: Dial 911
- 8888 Cabrillo Hwy
Montara, California 94037
- Office Hours:
8:30AM to 5PM Mon-Fri
- (650) 728-3545
Note: Public participation is not permitted during closed session discussion items.