VIDEO. FROM KHMB Coastside Radio in Half Moon Bay and the Coastside.
[radio interview] Jan. 2022
In this interview (about 10 minutes) Bill asks Rafael about Peninsula Clean Energy, where our power comes from, installing solar for residential, and programs that can help residents reduce carbon emissions, energy use and save money, including electric vehicles, battery back-up, energy efficiency, heat pump water heaters and heat pumps for heating and air conditioning.
The Citizens Advisory Committee usually meets two Thursdays in advance of the scheduled Board of Directors meeting, the second Thursday of every month at 6:30 p.m.
Be a part of bringing the benefits of clean energy to your community! Peninsula Clean Energy is recruiting Citizens Advisory Committee members.
To qualify, you must live or work in a Peninsula Clean Energy member community, which is any area of San Mateo County or in the City of Los Banos. The committee meets monthly on the second Thursday of the month at 6:30 pm. This is a volunteer position with a time commitment of approximately 3-4 hours per month.
To apply to be considered for the Citizens Advisory Committee, please fill out this form online by March 31, 2022.
We encourage you to read over the Citizen Advisory Committee documents in the sidebar to the right before applying. We also encourage you to attend a meeting of this committee (see information below) or the Peninsula Clean Energy Board of Directors.
Candidates will be screened by Peninsula Clean Energy staff. Top candidates will be interviewed by a committee of Peninsula Clean Energy’s Board of Directors, which will make nominations to the full Board in May. For questions, email Vanessa Shin at email@example.com.
Objectives for the Citizens Advisory Committee
The goal of Peninsula Clean Energy is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by providing cleaner power to County residents and businesses at competitive rates. We also develop new renewable energy sources, including within San Mateo County, and implement programs to further reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
To further this mission, the Citizens Advisory Committee will:
- Act as a liaison to the community.
- Provide feedback on policy and operational objectives.
- Engage in outreach to the community, including encouraging ratepayers to upgrade to ECO100 (100% renewable energy product offering) and implement other carbon reducing practices.
- Assist with legislative advocacy in conjunction with staff and board.
- Provide a forum for community discussions on a wide variety of strategies to reduce carbon emissions in conjunction with staff and board.
- Form working groups, as determined by the CAC membership, to assist Peninsula Clean Energy’s staff and Board with projects of importance to the organization.
The Citizens Advisory Committee usually meets on the second Thursday of every month at 6:30 p.m.
Please check the posted Meeting Schedule for specifics.
Please note that the meeting location (address or teleconference options) will be announced in the Agenda.
All meeting agendas will be posted here at least 72 hours prior to each meeting.