ARTICLE. In February 2020, I had a conversation with Hassett Hardware’s owner, Eric Hassett. I asked him about N95 mask availability and he told me there is only one U.S. manufacturer and they are in the midwest. The rest are manufactured in China.
I have been having people contact me daily to see if I have N-95 masks for sale due to a 2018 post I did on N-95 masks in relation to the fires. Some very sad stories, but this is what I have to tell them.
RECOMMEND DON’T BUY ANY N-95 MASKS or FILTERS ONLINE DUE TO FRAUD
Only N95 masks or respirators will stop the virus, but, at this time, due to lack of production, these are needed for first responders and medical personnel.
Again, any mask online, is not likely to be a real N95 mask, at this time.
Supply chain will improve, so buy cautiously if you do find anything in stock.
Having said that you may want to try the CDC Approved Mask Supplier List for NIOSH-Approved N95 Particulate Filtering Facepiece Respirators. I would still use caution.
If you make homemade cloth masks, know that they will not stop you from getting infected from Covid 19.
If you don’t constantly adjust your mask AT ALL, it will help keep your droplets from spreading 3-6 feet from your mouth.
The reason that mask messaging has been confused is that if incorrectly used, a cloth mask is dangerous, as your hands bring the virus to your face.
Wearing a cloth mask will help cashiers, bank tellers and the like.
I asked Eric what their N-95 mask status is, currently.
“Same story. We did secure some random N95 masks, but immediately donated them to our local medical providers. What I am hearing now is that it will still be 2-3 months before any N95’s are available for retail sale.
In the meantime, we do have some of the cloth washable surgical masks coming next week, and we’ve secured hundreds of bandanas and other face coverings for shopping outings.
We are also hearing of lots of sewing groups that are offering up masks to those who need them, I know my mom is busy in her sewing room making my team additional masks. ~ Eric Hassett, Owner Hassett Hardware
Moldex also offers some very innovative professional respirators.
Innoworks Amazon link (where I got mine, currently out of stock, $11.99). It is very comfortable as I ride my bike. It breaths easily. Washable.
INNOWORKS: What does our Mask feature?
- Features 100% High-Quality Cotton Material that is very comfortable to wear and easy to clean.
- Uses military grade filtration technology to filter out nearly 100% of particulate pollution, gases, as well as bacteria, viruses, and most odors.
- Comes with 6 (in packs of 2) N99 replaceable filters.
How long does our Mask last?
- Our Masks can last up to a year with continual wash and filter changing. The Mask combine with the filter offer almost 100% protection. With extreme usage, the filters should be changed every 48-72 hours.
- To wash mask, Remove the filter and then put the mask in soap diluted with warm water. Gently knead, clean and dry for a few hours.
- Please do not soak in water for a long time and do not bleach, so as not to cause mask distortion and reduce the filtration effectiveness.
What does our Mask filter?
- Almost 100% of Particulate Matter (PM) including PM10, PM2.5, and PM0.3. These are the sort of particles you find in coal dust from power stations, diesel exhaust fumes, factory emissions and from construction works.
- Almost 100% of gas-based air pollution, including odors such as Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), Ozone, Benzathine, and Formaldehyde. These particulates you can find in petrol fumes, chemical emissions and from many industrial processes.
- Almost 100% of harmful pathogens such as viruses and bacteria.
- Other airborne irritants or allergens such as dust, most odors, pet allergens, and pollen.
What can our Masks be used for?
- Our masks can be used for various activities including painting, household cleaning, running, cycling, constructions, etc.
- Lifetime warranty. If you are not satisfied with our mask, contact us by email or return it for a full refund.
- ✅ QUALITY- Our Masks are made of soft high-quality cotton and are individually packed and sealed to ensure the highest standard
- ✅ PROTECTION- Our military grade activated carbon filters block up to 99% of pollution, smog, dust, pollen and germs. (Includes 6 filters in packs of 2)
- ✅ PERFECT FIT- We understand how annoying it can be to have a mask that does not fit properly and constantly falls off! So, we took the time to design a mask with adjustable ear straps to make it easier for you to adjust to your face however you desire. Also embedded in the mask is a nose clip that can be easily adjusted to the shape of your nose bridge.
- ✅ REUSEABLE- Our Masks can be washed and reused, just change the filter with one of the included 6 filters and you’re good to go.
- ✅ BREATHING VALVE- Our anti pollution face mask is designed with military grade filtration technology. This washable face mask has a valve that will automatically open and close allowing you to easily breathe clean air
The Churchill Pro
£19.00 – £24.00
The leader who helped Britain and the allies win World War Two. Our plain black mask is plain, stylish and understated– just like him.
Visit our shop to look for more patterns…
- Unique Lab tested British Military Filtration Technology filters almost 100% of pollution, gases, and bacteria and viruses.
- Ideal for people at risk of respiratory diseases, living in or travelling to areas with high air pollution / smoke levels
- Protection against harmful gases, odours, all PM; PM2.5, PM0.3, pollen, smoke, allergens and pathogens
- The world’s most trusted reusable anti pollution mask now with adjustable straps, perfect for travel, especially to China or India.
- Presented in a slimline tin for storage, fashion friendly designs available in 5 sizes suitable for the whole family!
From Bay Area Air Quality Management District
Directions on what to do to keep your lungs safe.
Thanks, for sharing this, Cufy a perfect one-stop destination for industry-compliant PPE, including KN95 face masks, 3-ply disposable face mask, alcohol-based hand sanitizers, face shields, and nitrile gloves. The company understands the safety concern of every individual and tirelessly developing PPE through an advanced manufacturing process to prevent bacterial and viral contaminants.
Each gear is designed and developed with premium-grade material that is comfortable on the skin, easy to use in different environmental conditions, and breathable enough for extended usage, meeting everyone’s health and safety requirements cost-effectively and thoroughly. I’d strongly recommend Cufy to anyone looking to buy PPE in bulk or as an individual.
For more info visit: https://www.cufy.com/collections/n95-face-masks