- This event has passed.
What Do You Think? New SamTrans Routes for Pacifica, Montara, Moss Beach, Half Moon Bay, Pescadero
November 3rd, 2021 @ 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Meeting Agenda2021-11-03 ST BOD Agenda
Pacifica, Montara, Moss Beach, Half Moon Bay, Pescadero
SamTrans bus service on the Coastside includes local routes in communities spanning Pacifica to Pescadero. Multiple routes from Pacifica connect to BART stations, while the Route 294 connects the mid-Coast to Caltrain and bay-side destinations like College of San Mateo and the Hillsdale Shopping Center.
Time and frequency:
- Improved service seven days a week on Route 110 and on weekdays on Route 118
- Improved service on Route 17 on weekends, doubling today’s service
- Improved midday service on Route 294
- Extension of Route 110 into the Linda Mar neighborhood of Pacifica. FLX Pacifica would be eliminated and covered by Route 110.
- Shortening of Route 112 at Sharp Park in Pacifica
- Direct service on Route 118 to/from Daly City BART only
- Fewer deviations on Route 17
- Removal of direct service to College of San Mateo and San Mateo Medical Center on Route 294 due to low ridership
- Introduction of a new supplemental on-demand service in the Half Moon Bay area. This service would allow people to call or use a mobile app to schedule a ride from where they are to where they want to go within the defined zone and would connect to Routes 17 and 294.