Take an epic bike ride across America. Swim open waters to a distant shore. Walk or run the iconic Iditarod Trail. Create a unique fitness challenge for yourself or your family. It’s unlimited! What better way to tackle ho-hum fitness routines than to plunge yourself into a new adventure?
Along the way you’ll give PARCA vital support needed now more than ever. Now that’s remarkable.
Anywhere, CA US 11111
Where will you run?
Let’s Get Started!
Choose a challenge course and between August 28 and December 31st track your progress on our map. Push yourself! If you want to compete, choose another participant to race against and aim to finish faster or gain more elevation.
1) When can I join the PARCA Remarkable Challenge?
You can join the challenge any time between August 28 and December 31st. If you join after the launch of the event, you will need to run, walk, ride or exercise a little more each day – a good challenge and we will be cheering you on each step of the way!
2) How does the registration/challenge work?
Register and challenge yourself in just a few easy steps:
- Choose your challenge or create your own
- Register and invite your friends!
- Track your daily mileage or for “Create your own challenge,” time spent exercising
3) How many miles do I need to run/ride/swim each day?
You can run, ride, swim or exercise as much or as little as you would like on any given day. To earn your swag, you need to complete your selected mileage by December 31st, 2020.
4) What if I can’t complete my selected mileage by December 31st, can I switch to another distance?
If you feel you can’t complete the distance you signed up for, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) If I am participating in another virtual race/event at the same time as the PRC, can I count my miles towards the PRC?
6) Do I need to track my distance with Strava or a GPS type of watch?
You are on the honor system! You can track your distance with any activity tracker, but you don’t have to.
7) Can I fundraise in addition to or instead of racing?
Yes! All funds will go towards our goal to raise $30,000 to support individuals with developmental disabilities. Individuals who raise the most money, will not only receive eternal gratitude from our clients, but be recognized at our awards night on November 15, 2020.
Top three finishers in each category
Most elevation gained in each category (except the swim!)
Greatest number of hours spent exercising (make your own event)
Individual that most embodies the “Remarkable” spirit
Join our Facebook group to learn more and stay up to date with the latest news!
30 days of daily inspiration in your email box from PARCA clients and staff
Monthly giveaways with great gear from our sponsors
Neck gaiter and medal
Final celebration and awards on November 15, 2020
PARCA for People
Partners & Advocates for Remarkable Children & Adults (PARCA) has been enriching the lives of people with developmental disabilities in the greater San Francisco Bay Area since 1952. Our clients know about challenges and the personal cost of overcoming huge obstacles each day.They appreciate what you do and cheer on the results. This year will be no different.