- This event has passed.
Do You Walk and Bike on the Coastside? Do You Have Some Advice For HMB BPAC?
Thu March 4 @ 6:30pm - 8:30pm
The Committee includes:
Adrienne Etherton (Vice Chair)
Carlene Foldenauer (Cabrillo Unified School District Representative)
David Gorn (Planning Commission)
Anna McMillan (Youth Representative)
Mario Rendon (Chair)
Four Year Appointments are nearing their end.
Would you like to be on the BPAC next?
Please join the City of Half Moon Bay Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) meeting at:
or call: 16699006833.
At prompts, enter:
Webinar/Meeting ID: 874 2116 4176
Agenda Regular Meeting 3/4/2021 at 6:30pm
1. C/CAG DRAFT Countywide Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan – presentation
2. Capital Improvement Program Update – presentation
3. Discuss potential BPAC restructuring – memo
RECOMMENDATION: That the Committee provide input to staff on the potential restructuring of the City Bicycle / Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC).
BACKGROUND: On March 7, 2017, the City Council affirmed the formation of a BPAC and provided direction that the Committee consist of 10 members, including the following:
1. One (1) walking enthusiast;
2. One (1) commute dependent cyclist;
3. One (1) recreational cyclist;
4. One (1) avid cyclist;
5. One (1) at-large community member;
6. One (1) senior representative;
7. One (1) youth representative;
8. One (1) member of the Parks and Recreation Commission chosen by its membership;
9. One (1) member of the Planning Commission chosen by its membership; and
10. One (1) representative of the Cabrillo Unified School District appointed by the District.
This structure was created and recommended by staff to serve as an ad hoc Steering Committee for the Bike and Pedestrian Master Plan. This Master Plan was adopted by the City Council in September 2019. With the adoption of the master plan, the original BPAC steering mission was fulfilled.
Over the last two years, staff has been asked to consider changing the make-up of the Committee. Notably, the Planning Commission has asked to be relieved of its seat.
2021_03_04 Agenda Packet_202103012042464153