- This event has passed.
Do You Know a Young Artist? HIP Housing Needs Artwork for 2022 Calendar Special 50th Edition
Mon September 20 @ 5:00pm
PRESS RELEASE. From HIP Housing.entryform21
About the HIP Housing Calendar Project
Filled with local children’s artwork and information about HIP Housing, since 2001 the calendar has brought warmth to thousands of homes, and educates the community about HIP Housing’s affordable housing programs.
The artwork used in the calendar are selected from HIP Housing’s Calendar Contest.
Each year we receive between 250 to 500 entries from children in kindergarten to 5th grade in San Mateo County.
Children draw a picture of a home and writes a quote about “what home means to me.”
The calendar has become a community favorite!
Special 50th Anniversary 2022 Calendar Contest
HIP Housing is looking for 12 drawings for its 2022 calendar!
HIP Housing is a nonprofit that provides thousands of people in San Mateo County with a place to call home.
We use our calendar to educate the community about our services, and it will be distributed to 3,000 homes and businesses throughout San Mateo County. Please note: This program is NOT sponsored by School Districts.
• 12 winning drawings will be featured in our calendar.
• 1st place winner and their teacher/club leader will each receive a $100 gift certificate.
• 2nd place winner and their teacher/club leader will each receive a $50 gift certificate.
• All other winning entries will receive a $25 gift certificate (does not include schools/clubs).
• All winners will have an opportunity to present their drawing to their local Town or City Council
Winners will be notified by October 4th, 2021.
DEADLINE: Monday, September 20, 2021 (by 5:00 p.m.)
1. Participants must be K-5th graders in San Mateo County.
2. Children must draw and color a picture of a home and submit a quote on what home means to them.
3. The drawing must cover a 8 ½ x 11 white piece of paper, HORIZONTAL (the same direction as this flyer).
4. Write your child’s name on the back of their drawing.
5. Complete the entry form on the back of this sheet.
6. Only one entry per person, please!
7. Mail or deliver entries to: HIP Housing – Calendar Contest 800 S Claremont St., #210 San Mateo, CA 94402
If you would like your drawing returned to you, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope. Entries will take a few months to be returned.
By becoming a Sponsor your logo can be included in this special calendar.
Share your artwork with the community by entering the Calendar Contest.
HIP Housing’s Mission is to invest in human potential by improving the housing and lives of people in our community. HIP Housing enables people with special needs, either from income or circumstance, to live independent, self-sufficient lives in decent, safe, low-cost homes.
To achieve our mission, HIP Housing provides Home Sharing, Self-Sufficiency, and Property Development.
Who We Are
HIP Housing empowers families and individuals in San Mateo County to live happier, more independent and self-sufficient lives through innovative housing and mentoring programs that help break the cycle of poverty and end homelessness.
Creative Affordable Housing Solutions
With its unique Home Sharing, Self Sufficiency and Property Development programs, HIP Housing is a leader in providing creative affordable housing solutions for people in San Mateo County. HIP Housing’s self-funding operating model maximizes existing housing stock and ensures that every dollar donated goes directly into programs that positively impact people’s lives.
40-plus Years of Commitment to San Mateo County
For more than 40 years, HIP Housing has demonstrated its strong commitment to helping people in San Mateo County to live better, more independent lives. HIP Housing is uniquely knowledgeable about San Mateo County, and uses that expertise to further its affordable housing and human potential mission on behalf of families and individuals in need.
Investing in Human Potential
Every day, HIP Housing works hard to live up to its name – Human Investment Project – by investing its creativity, resources and passion in helping people to find a safe, affordable home that is so crucial to living a happy, healthy life.