Coastside Hope Sponsors FREE Citizenship Classes Every Wednesday Evenings at Cunha Middle School
March 27th, 2024 @ 6:00pm - 8:00pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00pm on Wednesday, repeating indefinitely
For many, the greatest barrier to becoming a U.S. citizen is the English and civics test component of the naturalization application.
With support from a Zellerbach Foundation grant, Coastside Hope offers free weekly citizenship classes. Classes are weekly on Wednesdays from 6 pm –8 pm.
The Spanish Class is from 6 pm to 7 pm and the English class is from 7 pm to 8 pm.
For more information, please call Coastside Hope at 650-726-9071.
La CostaAdult School
Our mission is to support the education of students through all stages of adult life, to facilitate transition to college, to enhance workplace success, and develop students who contribute to the community.
La Costa Adult School’s vision is to empower its students with the communication skills they need to further their academic education, meet their employment goals and become fully engaged members of the community.
La Costa Adult School serves residents from Montara to Año Nuevo. In Half Moon Bay, classes are held at La Costa @ Pilarcitos Alternative High School, 498 Kelly Ave. Half Moon Bay, CA 94019. Funding from the state of California and the federal government supports La Costa’s efforts to provide programs for:
- English as a Second Language (ESL) and workforce preparation
- Career Technical Education (CTE) that is short term in nature and has high employment potential
- Pre-apprenticeship transfer opportunities
- Adults, including older adults/retirees who want to develop knowledge and skills to assist elementary and secondary school children to succeed academically
- Adults needing elementary and secondary skills, including programs leading to high school diploma or equivalency certification
- Adults, including older adults, who want to enter or re-enter the workforce