- This event has passed.
Coastside Farmers Market Opens With Single Entry, Single Exit
October 10, 2020 @ 9:00am - 1:00pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00am on Saturday, repeating until December 12, 2020
California defines Certified Farmers’ Markets as “essential services” in the Shelter in Place order. When we open for the season there will be several changes in place to support the wellbeing of our farmers, our staff, and our shoppers. We are asking the community to keep these protocols in mind, and be as committed to keeping our local farmers, ranchers, fishers and foodmakers healthy during this remarkable time as we are committed to doing the same for you.
We will be counting on all of you to help us maintain compliance with the CFHP and Dr. Morrow’s directives regarding social distancing. If we can’t, we may have to close until the SIP Order is lifted. So, lets work together to make sure that doesn’t happen.
We hope we don’t need to remind you to stay home if you are sick, and to wash your hands before coming into the market, and keep a supply of antiseptic wipes and/or hand sanitizer in your car. And it’s always been important that you wash your produce before storing or consuming it, so double down on that, willya?
And for the love of all that is holy, do not bring pets into the market. Not in your purse, not in a wagon. Just don’t.
When the market opens
- No One will be allowed into the market area before 9 AM, and/or all required sanitation protocols are in place. Please do not crowd around the entrances, or go over, under or around any taped off area, or enter a vendor’s tent from behind. If you do, you will be asked to leave.
- The first 45 minutes of the market day are reserved for Seniors.
- Help Us! Keep six feet distance between you and fellow shoppers. We need everyone to be observant and respectful of this basic requirement.
- Do not handle anything you do not intend to buy. If you touch it, you must buy it.
- Please send one adult member of the household to shop and leave your children at home.
- Although some of our vendors accept credit/debit cards, most farmers do not. Please bring a good supply of small bills and change to facilitate easy purchasing.
- Expect rationing of certain products. Eggs, for example, will be one dozen per customer maximum, no exceptions.
Be kind, patient and stay nourished.
We are all in this together.
Every Week in Half Moon Bay and Pacifica
CHOOSE YOUR MARKET
Half Moon Bay opens April 4
Pacifica opens May 6
What We Do
WE ARE PROUD TO BE PART OF THE COASTSIDE COMMUNITY
We are a farmer-directed Certifed Market designed to link Coastside residents with their neighbors — the Coastside farmers, ranchers, fishermen and culinary artisans that produce some of the most beautiful, nutritious and creative food in the world.
Twice a week we showcase these outstanding producers, as well as providing an incubator for emerging local businesses and a forum for our many community-serving nonprofits.
We serve the Coastside community from Pacifica to Pescadero, and the many visitors to the area, and offer a resilient forum for direct relationships to develop and endure between the people of our community and those who produce our food.