- This event has passed.
CoastPride Kids T-shirt Design Contest ~ Deadline 3/30, $100 Prize, Fame!
Mon March 16 - Mon March 30
T-shirt Design Contest for all coast-side Youth ages 10-18
See coastpride.org for rules and guidelines.
This contest is open to young people, ages 10 – 18, who live on the coast between Pacifica and Pescadero.
- Contest starts March 16. Entries must be submitted by 5 pm on March 30.
- Two winners will be chosen. Each winner will receive $100 and their design printed on a white tshirt.
- Your design should be inspired by the CoastPride mission statement:
Creating a Coastside that supports and celebrates people of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
- Your design can be on the front or back of the shirt only.
- Maximum size of design is 8.5″ wide by 11″ deep.
- You may include the CoastPride logo in the design. Do not alter, redesign, redraw, modify, distort or alter the proportion of the CoastPride logo in any way. Do not place a pattern or design on the logo. Do not rotate or render the marks three-dimensionally. Do not replace the approved typeface in the logo with any other typeface.
- You are limited to the colors in the CoastPride logo. The t-shirt will be white.
- Do not use color photographic images.
- Must be submitted in an electronic format in .ai, .jpg, .tiff, .png, or .pdf file types which are 300 dpi or greater at full size.
- Your design must be wholly original. By submitting a design, you are guaranteeing that you hold rights to everything in it, and that it does not contain any copyrighted material, including images/copy found on the internet, unless clearly marked as published under a creative commons (cc) license.
- Captures spirit of CoastPride and its mission statement
- Striking and memorable design
- Eye-catching and visible from a reasonable distance
- Design must be ready for print
Submission guidelines and agreement
- Deadline for entries is 5 pm, March 30, 2020.
- All entries should be submitted with completed registration information via the form located on our website.
- You may submit only one design.
- You must be 10–18 years of age to submit an entry. If you are under the age of 18 your entry form must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- CoastPride will have first printing rights to the winning design. By submitting you agree that if your design wins, it can be used by CoastPride on a t-shirt and other promotional items, including the CoastPride website and marketing and public relations materials. The winner and design will be recognized in our e-newsletter and on social media.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of CoastPride Staff and other selected community members, selecting two finalists. Entrants will be anonymous to the judges.
- Finalists’ designs will be posted on the CoastPride Facebook and Instagram page, utilizing likes as a voting mechanism. Voting results will be announced at 9 am on April 3, 2020.
- The winner will be notified by email at the close of the voting period, via the information provided on the entry form.
- Please note that CoastPride reserves the right to make adjustments to the winning design.
At the sole discretion of CoastPride, disqualification, forfeiture, and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:
- winner’s failure to respond to notification within five (5) business days after its transmission;
- the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts, or winner’s failure to provide original design files;
- winner’s failure to execute and return a release form.
Upon contacting a winner and determining that they have met all eligibility requirements of the contest, such individual will be declared a “winner” of the contest via social post and the e-newsletter.
By submitting you are agreeing to all contest rules. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com