- This event has passed.
Coastal Arts League Presents 12 Peninsula Camera Club Photographers
July 25, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Nature photographer Bruce Finocchio is a master when it comes to capturing exquisite photos of birds and other wildlife. He totes a pro camera with a long and heavy telephoto lens. At his rural ranch, Bruce has set up several camouflaged bird blinds near a pond on his property. Hidden inside, he watches a parade of birds arrive at the pond.
The Coastal Arts League has at last reopened her doors. During the last four months we have had a steep learning curve, learning how to post our exhibits in an online gallery. Visitors to the gallery will find that we have implemented a social distancing plan.
Our return to Main St. began with a reception for the HMB High School Student Show on June 27. The show was installed in mid-March, but did not open to the public until June.
With the opening of the Peninsula Camera Club on July 23, we will be back to the original schedule for the remainder of the year. Attached are a press release and images that can be used for publication.
Thank you for helping us to promote the re-opening. We want to participate in the comeback of Main St..
Inspirations from the
Photographic art inspired by Twelve Peninsula Camera Club members each with their special artistic vision.
Reception, Saturday July 25
1:00 – 4:00 pm
See how being in a camera club can help photographers improve their techniques, skill, and image creating.
On view July 24 to August 16, 2020
at the Coastal Arts League Gallery
300 Main Street
Half Moon Bay, CA
Thursday – Monday from noon to 5:00 PM
(closed Tuesday and Wednesday)
Theme: Uncharted Territory
“We are artists, we see beyond the obvious, we give visual form to our imaginations. Uncharted territory indeed.”
~ Ruth Waters, sculptor
Virtual Exhibition online: July 15 – September 1
Three prizes: $150, $100, and $50.
• Artist verifies the submitted work is original artwork, not a reproduction.
• If artwork is sold, it is the responsibility of the artist to arrange for delivery. • Artists receive 70% of the sales price for sold work. CAL collects sales tax, and retains a 30% commission to support exhibitions, operations, and educational programs of the nonprofit Coastal Arts League.• All rights to submitted images remain the property of the artist. You are granting the Coastal Arts League (CAL) the right to use entered work for the website, printed lists of selected images, and for show promotions.
The Coastal Arts League is a 100% volunteer run non-profit corporation, located on the San Mateo coast of Northern California. Since 1979, CAL has supported the creative arts in the Coastside Community, by offering:
- Community Arts Education programs
- Exhibitions free to the public, celebrating the talent of local and regional artists
- A Visual Artists Cooperative