4 Week Virtual Class Drawing with Pen and Ink With Artist Teacher ~ Roberta Kiphuth
Sat April 17 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am
Students with some experience will discover pen & ink techniques and washes while improving skills. Ages 18 and over.
About this Event
Artist Teacher: Roberta Kiphuth
Ages 18 and over (min 5, max 20)
Saturdays, 9:30–10:30 am,
Starts April 17, 2021, for 4 Weeks
April 24, May 1, May 8
This is a 4-week live virtual class for all levels of artists, but some drawing experience is recommended.
Class will cover various pen & ink techniques and washes while providing students the opportunity to increase their drawing skills.
Basic artistic elements will be reviewed, such as balance, value, composition, and perspective.
Reference photos will be emailed in advance.
Individual feedback is provided during class time.
BONUS: A class video will be made available on YouTube. Livestream link will be provided after registration.
• Drawing or sketch pad, 9×12 or larger
• Graphite pencils (2B, H)
• Pencil sharpener
• Vinyl or rubber eraser
• Watercolor, Bristol, or heavy mixed media paper (smoother watercolor hot press paper works best for pen & ink, but can use regular cold press)
• Pen nibs of various sizes
• Black or sepia India ink (if using pen nibs)
• Micron, Sharpie, or other permanent black pens/markers that are water-safe (if you don’t want to use actual pen nibs)
• Small container of water
• Paper towels
Optional materials, if you want to add color:
• Watercolor inks, watercolor paints, or watercolor pencils
• Small and medium-sized watercolor brushes