- This event has passed.
1st Annual “Make It Main Street” First Thursdays in Half Moon Bay July-Nov.
Thu July 1 @ 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 3:00 pm on day First of the month, repeating until November 4, 2021
Downtown Half Moon Bay • 1st Thursdays, 3-7 PM • Begins July 1, 2021
Beginning on Thursday, July 1st, and happening on the 1st Thursday of every month through November, Make It Main Street will present wonderful and surprising experiences on five blocks of Main Street, and throughout Downtown Half Moon Bay. From 3-7PM, Coastside residents and visitors will stroll past musicians, artists, storytellers, and poets, or take in a locally made film as they make their way to one of our unique shops and eateries. We hope you’ll be inspired to join in this celebration of the Coastside creative community, and Make It Main Street on the First Thursday of every month, July through November, 2021, 3PM-7PM.
Make it Main Street is:
- Musicians performing along the 300~600 blocks
- Speakers’ Space ~ Mac Dutra Park: Opening Poem, In Half Moon Bay, performed by San Mateo County Poet Laureate Aileen Cassinetto
- Local Film Night ~ Oddfellows Hall : OPENING FILM: Carnival of Wonders ● Coastside Makers Marketplace ~ Kelly Ave & Main Street
- Demonstrations ~ Glass blowing, Pottery, Guitar Building
- Acoustic Music Circle ~ 700 Block
- Animation Lab for youth – 3-4:30, Oddfellows Hall
- Open Houses ~ ALAS, CoastPride, HMB Historical Society, etc.
- Fix-it Clinics ~ Half Moon Bay Library
- Coastside CBO Outreach
We invite you to join in this economic recovery initiative by:
- Come downtown on the 1st Thursdays and Make It Main Street!
- Suggest an artisan, musician or activity you think would add flair to the mix ● Bring a chair and your acoustic instrument and/or voice and join the jam ● Tell your neighbors, friends and youngsters
Make it Main Street is designed to bring our neighbors, friends, & visitors downtown to rediscover all the extraordinary taste, talent and investments that make Main Street, Half Moon Bay the vibrant, beating heart of the community we are all so proud to call home.
Questions, suggestions or oers to participate: Erin or Joy – MakeItMainStreet@coastside.net
“Make it Main Street”, is an economic recovery initiative designed in collaboration with The City of Half Moon Bay, Coastal Literary Arts Movement, Team Vibrant, The Half Moon Bay Oddfellows, HMB Coastside Chamber of Commerce, Beach Break Entertainment & Event Savvy, with support from Half