LINKS/ MAPS. Go to WalkBikePacifica.com to see the Pacifica Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan
City of Pacifica Bicycle & Pedestrian Master Plan: PB&R Commission Meeting 1/30/19PBR_Meeting_01.30.19_Alta_Presentation
Parks, Beaches, & Recreation Study Session Meeting Notes & Summary 1//30/19Study-Session-and-PBR-Recap_1-30-19
Join the Pacifica Trails Facebook page.
Pacifica Trails is a group dedicated to furthering dirt paths connections from the City of Pacifica to Half Moon Bay.
Join Friends of Rancho Corral de Tierra Facebook page.
The Midcoast is now officially home to a national park. Rancho Corral de Tierra, the 4,262-acre Midcoast land previously managed by Peninsula Open Space Trust in now the newest National Park in the Nation. GGNRA Superintendent Frank Dean said in a prepared release, “This magnificent parcel adds to the region’s protected open space, and helps extend existing national parklands on Milagra Ridge and Sweeney Ridge southward in the Coastside of San Mateo County. We are honored to be able to add almost 4,000 more acres of parkland for the public to enjoy, It is a testament to the beauty and ecological significance of this land that it is now a national park.” Please respect that this page is a strava free page. Screenshots of trace maps are great, no strava data please.
All visitors to the trails please remember-
Shared trails etiquette can ensure a pleasant time for all.
- Equestrians have trails right of way at all times….hikers-runners-cyclists slow ,stop and ask in a calm voice when-whether it’s ok to proceed, follow rider instructions to the letter.
If in doubt err on the side of caution-stop and calmly ask!
- When you encounter a horse on a single track trail. Please stand on the lower side. Please avoid standing on the upper side as this may spook the horse.
- Equestrians when coming up to a single track look ahead and you see folks hiking or riding bikes wait for them to clear the trail before you go.
- Equestrians when going down hill and see you a bike coming up please let them have the right a way.
- Headphone users- 1 ear open at all times when using earbuds, hearing courtesy voice or bells from approaching runners or riders is important to avoid startled surprises.
- Mt Bike riders, please recreate on Pacifica trails with complete anticipation-awareness of encountering Horse-Hiker-Runners around every turn at any-all times(slow down-skids are for kids).
- Mt Bike riders, Handlebar bells are highly recommended for courtesy headsup, not “Coming Through”.
- See trash? Pick it up or report it on this page and/or the ph#’s below if in copious pile.
Medical or other emergency dial 911
For non-emergencies and to file a report with NPS Law Enforcement call (415) 561-5505.
NPS Law Enforcement Ranger (415) 561-5656
San Mateo County Sheriff (650) 363-4911
Local authorities may respond more quickly in an emergency than park rangers.
NPS Park Rangers will still respond for reporting medical or law enforcement issues.
~ By Jim Sullivan, Friends of Rancho Corral de Tierra, Facebook.
GGNRA (Golden Gate National Recreation Area) Compendium of Maps2019-Superintendent-s-Compendium-Maps