VIDEO. On Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 6:00pm, by Zoom, Caltrans hosted an online public meeting about its planned project to rehab the roadway between Moss Beach and Half Moon Bay.
For more information about the project, visit CaltransD4Environmental.com.
For questions or assistance, email John.Seal@dot.ca.gov.
- Pavement Rehabilitation
- Roadway Rehabilitation and Guard Rail Replacement
- Drainage Improvements
- Bus Stop Improvements
- Bike, Ped and Complete Streets Improvements
- Traffic Management System Elements Maps
- Traffic Monitoring System Locations
- Fixed Intersection Cameras Locations
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Camera Locations
Project Milestones Timeline
1.4.6 Conduits, and Traffic Operation System Elements Installation
The proposed TOS elements are needed because SR 1, through the project area, lacks traffic monitoring systems that can be used to collect data on traffic flow and volumes. These data can be used to inform future planning decisions and projects in San Mateo County. Overall, Caltrans anticipates that inclusion of TOS elements into this project would improve traffic congestion along the corridor by helping to identify future transportation needs and deficiencies.
Caltrans proposes to upgrade and install new communication devices, such as closed-circuit television cameras, fixed intersection cameras, and traffic monitoring stations.
Figure 1-3 through Figure 1-5 show the proposed locations for these TOS elements. New conduit installation to support these elements would require trenching during installation. Excavation limits would be determined by conduit size and location.
The Full Slide Deck of Caltrans Presentation
Draft Initial Study with Proposed Negative Declaration2022-07-07-0q130-ded-final-508-a11y
District 4 Environmental Documents by County
State Route 1 Safety Barriers Project
- State Route 1 Safety Barriers Project Final IS/ND
- State Route 1 Safety Barriers Project Draft IS/MND
- Public virtual open house information and project overview
State Route 1 Pescadero Creek Bridge Rails
- 4j870 Signed Initial Study with Negative Declaration
- Draft Environmental Document (Initial Study with Proposed Negative Declaration) EA: 04-4J870 EFIS: 0416000029
- Public Notice Notice of Availability of a Section 4(F) De Minimis Determination for Pescadero Creek Bridge Rails Project
- Draft Pescadero Creek Bridge Railing Replacement Project Evaluation of Potential Section 4(F) Resources And De Minimis Impact Determination
State Route 1 Traffic Operational Systems Improvements Project
- State Route 1 Traffic Operational Systems Improvements Project Final Initial Study with Proposed Negative Declaration EA 04 2K880/ Project ID 417000040
- State Route 1 Traffic Operational Systems Improvements Project Recirculated Draft Initial Study with Proposed Negative Declaration EA 04‑2K880/ Project ID 417000040
- Public Virtual Open House Information for State Route 1 Traffic Operational Systems Improvements Project
- April 8, 2021 Public Meeting Presentation Slides
Midcoast Community Council (MCC) Asks Who Will be the Data Contractor for the Caltrans Variable Messaging Signs (VMS)?